Rok za prijave: 22. maj
Konsultant/kinja će imati zadatak da izvrši analizu politika i efekata afirmativnih mera koje je Vlada Republike Srbije preduzela u pogledu obrazovanja romske dece u Srbiji u okviru Strategije za socijalno uključivanje Roma i Romkinja za period od 2016. do 2025. godine. Ovo je kratkoročni konsultativni angažman u okviru projekta „Pospešivanje zapošljivosti mladih Roma i Romkinja – faza 2“, realizovanog uz podršku Programa nemačke finansijske saradnje koji implementira Nemačka razvojna banka KfW u ime Vlade Republike Nemačke – Ministarstva za ekonomsku saradnju i razvoj. Konsultant/kinja treba da kreira izveštaj politika sa konkretnim preporukama za unapređenje afirmativnih mera za pristup kvalitetnom obrazovanju i zapošljavanju mladih Roma i Romkinja, prikupljenih od odgovarajućih zainteresovanih strana, članova zajednice i organizacija civilnog društva.
Call for Consultancy:
Affirmative Measures in Serbia: Strategic Policy Analysis Consultant
Deadline: 22 May 2020
The Roma Education Fund’s (REF) mission and ultimate goal is to close the gap in educational outcomes between Roma and non-Roma. In order to achieve this goal, the organization supports policies and programs which ensure quality education for Roma through scholarships, grant making and advocacy activities.
The objectives of REF include:
- Expanding Romani children’s access to quality early childhood education and care;
- Improving primary education outcomes for Romani children aged six to fourteen;
- Boosting academic performance and graduation rates from secondary education for Romani pupils;
- Supporting access to tertiary education, improving graduation levels and strengthening identity of Romani university students;
- Expanding employment opportunities for young Romani adults.
The overall objective of the Project “Employment Empowerment of Young Roma – Phase II” is to support social inclusion of Roma (both domicile Roma and Roma failed asylum seekers/returnees) in Serbian society, though increased graduation rate of Roma secondary school and university students and their facilitation into the labor market. The project contributes to social cohesion through increased education attainment and improved employability of Roma children and youth, as well as foster cross-country and regional dialogue and knowledge transfer.
The Consultant will be tasked to develop a policy work on effects of affirmative measures taken by the Government of Serbia vis-à-vis education of Roma children in Serbia within the timeframe of The Strategy of Social Inclusion of Roma for the period from 2016 to 2025. This is a short-term consultancy engagement in the frames of the Project “Employment Empowerment of Young Roma – Phase II” effected in the Republic of Serbia funded by the German Financial Cooperation implemented by KfW on behalf of the German Government – Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development. The Consultant should design a policy report with the specific recommendations in the advancement of the affirmative measures on access to quality education and employability of Roma youth collected within the respective stakeholders, community members and civil society organizations.
Duties and responsibilities
Consultant under the direct supervision and guidance of the Program Manager is expected to undertake the following tasks:
- Review relevant REF documents, including the project document on the requirements for the detail plan of action for the initial phase of the strategic policy review;
- Maps available resources and tools that may already be applied in the work on improving educational opportunities for young Roma;
- Conducts visit to the project implementing partners, stakeholders and provide technical and policy advise which will be incorporated in the final policy analysis report;
- Identifies major gaps and need for additional tools in order to successfully promote education aspects as mechanism to improve employability of Roma community;
- The Consultant shall cover all relevant aspects, including but not limited to, legal background, government affirmative measures, assessment of relevant domestic and international reports on the implementation of the measures, assessment report on in-person interviews with Roma CSO representatives on major challenges in implementation of the measures and recommendations to advance them;
Based on the research and consultations with the Program Manager and the implementing partner organizations in Serbia, Consultant shall prepare and present one final country-based policy analysis report with proposed strategic and constructive recommendations on the effects of affirmative measures in education and employment of Roma in Serbia.
Required Education and Experience
- University degree in social sciences or other relevant discipline supplemented by a formal training in Human and Minority Rights and European Affairs;
- Previous experience in conducting policy analyses, preferably on national minorities rights;
- Previous experience in working for a development organization would be considered as asset;
- Previous experience in working with Roma and/or Roma CSOs.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the minority inclusion policy context in Serbia;
- Familiarity with reporting and methodologies in the specific area of intervention i.e. national minority education;
- Ability to communicate ideas in a manner conducive to their practical application;
- Excellent organizational, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Serbian (knowledge of Romanes will be an advantage);
In order to develop and deliver our education programs that provide quality, inclusive education for Roma children and youth, we believe in five core values that join us together and that mirror the work, actions and ideals of our organization and its culture:
- Tenacity; Integrity; Justice; Accountability; Inquisitiveness
Planned duration of the engagement: 27 May – 15 August 2020
A complete application includes:
- Curriculum vitae or resume;
- Statement of interest, that should include:
- Your academic and professional experience in Serbia;
- Previous experience working with Roma communities and civil society organizations (CSOs) or other relevant stakeholders;
- Brief methodology clearly describing Consultant’s understanding of the assignment and challenges (max. 2 pages);
- Financial offer expressed as consultancy fee in EUR. In case of traveling for the purposes of the assignment, please express the travel and lodging costs.
Application must be in English and must be submitted at the latest by 22 May 2020 to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org Please include in the subject line “Affirmative Measures in Serbia: Strategic Policy Analysis Consultant”.
Individuals identifying themselves as Roma, Roma Education Fund scholarship recipients, and fulfilling the above-mentioned profile and requirements are particularly encouraged to apply. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.