Rok za prijave: 5. jul
REF traži 1 (jednog) Finansijskog administratora programa koji ima zadatak da osigura pravilnu finansijsku administraciju projekta, podnošenje i arhiviranje programskih dokumenata. Angažovanje je predviđeno na određeno vreme, u okviru projekta „Pospešivanje zapošljivosti mladih Roma i Romkinja – faza 2“ koji se sprovodi u Republici Srbiji, uz podršku programa Nemačke finansijske saradnje koji implementira Nemačka razvojna banka KfW u ime Vlade Republike Nemačke – Ministarstva za ekonomsku saradnju i razvoj. Finansijski administrator programa bi služio/la kao podrška Menadžmentu projekta.
Call for Application: Program Financial Administrator
Project “Employment Empowerment of Young Roma – Phase II”
Deadline: 05 July 2020
Position: 1 (Belgrade)
The Roma Education Fund’s (REF) mission and ultimate goal is to close the gap in educational outcomes between Roma and non-Roma. In order to achieve this goal, the organization supports policies and programs which ensure quality education for Roma through scholarships, grant making and advocacy activities.
The objectives of REF include:
- Expanding Romani children’s access to quality early childhood education and care;
- Improving primary education outcomes for Romani children aged six to fourteen;
- Boosting academic performance and graduation rates from secondary education for Romani pupils;
- Supporting access to tertiary education, improving graduation levels and strengthening identity of Romani university students;
- Expanding employment opportunities for young Romani adults.
The overall objective of the KfW Project “Employment Empowerment of Young Roma – Phase II” is to support social inclusion of Roma (both domicile Roma and Roma failed asylum seekers/returnees) in Serbian society, though increased graduation rate of Roma secondary school and university students and their facilitation into the labor market. The project contributes to social cohesion through increased education attainment and improved employability of Roma children and youth, as well as foster cross-country and regional dialogue and knowledge transfer.
REF seeks 1 (one) Program Financial Administrator tasked to ensure proper project financial administration and program related documents submission and archiving. This is fix-term engagement within the Project “Employment Empowerment of Young Roma – Phase II” implemented in the Republic of Serbia funded by the German Financial Cooperation implemented by KfW on behalf of the German Government – Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development. Program Financial Administrator should serve as a support to the Project management.
Duties and responsibilities
Selected Program Financial Administrator under the direct supervision and guidance of the Financial Manager and Program Manager is expected to undertake the following tasks:
- Collect, sort and archive financial documents;
- Upload financial documentation on the dedicated internal platform;
- Checking invoices, statements and contracts;
- Supporting preparation of the financial statements, reports and requests;
- Providing budget information to the program staff;
- Supporting preparation of the audits;
- Petty Cash handling;
- Scanning, printing and saving program financial documentation;
- Communicate and collaborate with bookkeeper;
- Communicate with banks, vendors and public institutions;
- Providing support to program staff;
- Notify REF on matters that require urgent response without delay;
- Perform other related work-related duties;
- Participate in all meetings and events organized by REF.
- Bachelor’s degree/BA or equivalent degree with relevant years of experience and /or training, or combination of secondary education and experience;
- Previous experience with finance and administration;
- NGO experience and previous experience in working with Roma community is an advantage;
- Experience and competencies in working in a multicultural environment;
- Experience in project implementation, monitoring and reporting is essential;
- Working efficiently in fast-paced environment troubleshooting and following activities though their successful completion with strict deadlines and with attention to details;
- Excellent organizational, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Efficiently work as a team member, as well as independently, with a high level of self-motivation and ability to set and met goals;
- Good knowledge and understanding of the accounting data and bookkeeping;
- Good level of computer usage proficiency;
- Good command of English and Serbian (written and spoken) is a must
- Driver license is considered an added value.
- Accounting skills are preferable
In order to develop and deliver our education programs that provide quality, inclusive education for Roma children and youth, we believe in five core values that join us together and that mirror the work, actions and ideals of our organization and its culture: Tenacity; Integrity; Justice; Accountability; Inquisitiveness
Planned duration of the engagement: 15 July – 31 August 2021
A complete application includes:
- Curriculum vitae or resume;
- Statement of interest, that should include:
- Your academic and professional experience in Serbia;
- Previous experience working with finance and administration and civil society organizations or other relevant stakeholders;
Application must be in English and must be submitted at the latest by 05 July 2020 to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the subject line “Call for Applications – Program Financial Administrator”
Individuals identifying themselves as Roma, Roma Education Fund scholarship recipients, and fulfilling the above-mentioned profile and requirements are particularly encouraged to apply. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.