Rok za prijave: 5. jul
REF traži 3 (tri) monitora na terenu za južnu, centralnu i severnu Srbiju, koji imaju zadatak da uspostave saradnju sa lokalnom romskom zajednicom u cilju motivisanja mladih Roma i Romkinja da aktivno učestvuju na tržištu rada. Radi se o kratkoročnom konsultantskom angažmanu u okviru projekta „Pospešivanje zapošljivosti mladih Roma i Romkinja – faza 2“ koji se sprovodi u Republici Srbiji, uz podršku programa Nemačke finansijske saradnje koji implementira Nemačka razvojna banka KfW u ime Vlade Republike Nemačke – Ministarstva za ekonomsku saradnju i razvoj. Monitori na terenu bi služili kao veza između romske zajednice i projektnog tima REF-a.
Call for Consultancy: Field Monitor
Project “Employment Empowerment of Young Roma – Phase II”
Deadline: 05 July 2020
Positions: 3 (1 South Serbia, 1 Central Serbia and 1 North Serbia)
The Roma Education Fund’s (REF) mission and ultimate goal is to close the gap in educational outcomes between Roma and non-Roma. In order to achieve this goal, the organization supports policies and programs which ensure quality education for Roma through scholarships, grant making and advocacy activities.
The objectives of REF include:
- Expanding Romani children’s access to quality early childhood education and care;
- Improving primary education outcomes for Romani children aged six to fourteen;
- Boosting academic performance and graduation rates from secondary education for Romani pupils;
- Supporting access to tertiary education, improving graduation levels and strengthening identity of Romani university students;
- Expanding employment opportunities for young Romani adults.
The overall objective of the KfW Project “Employment Empowerment of Young Roma – Phase II” is to support social inclusion of Roma (both domicile Roma and Roma failed asylum seekers/returnees) in Serbian society, though increased graduation rate of Roma secondary school and university students and their facilitation into the labor market. The project contributes to social cohesion through increased education attainment and improved employability of Roma children and youth, as well as foster cross-country and regional dialogue and knowledge transfer.
REF seeks 3 (three) Field Monitors for south, central and north Serbia tasked to establish cooperation with local Roma community in order to motivate young Roma to take active part in the labor market. This is a short-term consultancy engagement within the frame of the Project “Employment Empowerment of Young Roma – Phase II” implemented in the Republic of Serbia funded by the German Financial Cooperation implemented by KfW on behalf of the German Government – Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development. Field monitors should serve as the link between Roma community and REF Project Team.
Duties and responsibilities
Selected Field Monitors under the direct supervision and guidance of the Employment Officers and Program Manager are expected to undertake the following tasks:
- Establish direct relations with the Roma students and community members willing to advance their employment skills and be able to advance their skills and competencies in the labour market within the Project “Employment Empowerment of Young Roma – Phase II”;
- Organize field visits to respective municipalities (once a month) and reporting to the Project Officers and Program Manager;
- Collect data about the most deficit employment trends and report to the Project Officers and Program Manager;
- Mediate challenges faced by the local Roma youth and organize focus groups on topics identified by the local community and field monitor;
- Liaise with interns supported by REF and report about their progress to Project Officers and Program Manager;
- Map relevant public and corporate agencies in the field interested in working with REF;
- Providing support to all beneficiaries in urgent situations;
- Report on readmitted Roma youth and families in Serbia;
- Provide regular monthly reports on his/her achievements to the Project Officers and Program Manager;
- Notify REF on matters that require urgent response without delay;
- Perform other related work-related duties, as assigned, including cooperation with other REF programs;
- Participate in all meetings and events organized by REF.
Field Monitors are expected to deliver regular monthly reports to REF Project Officers and Program Manager stating progress performed in the field.
- Frequent travels nationally is expected;
- Bachelor’s degree/BA or equivalent degree with relevant years of experience and /or training, or combination of secondary education and experience;
- Work experience with business orientation and employability;
- NGO experience and previous experience in working with Roma community is essential;
- Experience and competencies in working in a multicultural environment;
- Experience in project monitoring and evaluation tools (M&E) is a plus;
- Working efficiently in fast-paced environment troubleshooting and following activities though their successful completion with strict deadlines and with attention to details;
- Excellent organizational, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Efficiently work as a team member, as well as independently, with a high level of self-motivation and ability to set and met goals;
- Good knowledge and understanding of the employment regulations and education systems in Serbia and the level of inclusion of Roma in the labour market;
- Good knowledge of key organizations and employment networks active in the field;
- Good level of computer usage proficiency;
- Good command of English and Serbian (written and spoken) is a must, knowledge of Romani language is considered an added value;
- Driver license is considered an added value.
In order to develop and deliver our education programs that provide quality, inclusive education for Roma children and youth, we believe in five core values that join us together and that mirror the work, actions and ideals of our organization and its culture: Tenacity; Integrity; Justice; Accountability; Inquisitiveness
Planned duration of the engagement: 08 July – 8 November 2020
A complete application includes:
- Curriculum vitae or resume;
- Statement of interest, that should include:
- Your academic and professional experience in Serbia;
- Previous experience working with Roma communities and civil society organizations or other relevant stakeholders;
Application must be in English and must be submitted at the latest by 05 July 2020 to the following address: email@example.com. Please include in the subject line “Call for Consultancy- Field Monitors”
Individuals identifying themselves as Roma, Roma Education Fund scholarship recipients, and fulfilling the above-mentioned profile and requirements are particularly encouraged to apply. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.